Friday, September 22, 2006

My other passion - The Himalayas


My love for the Himalayas started way back in 1989, when I was just 6 years old. I remember we (four adults and four children) in one Maruti Gypsy had gone to Shimla for the winters. There was a record snow spell that time and ours was the only car that
made it to the city!
Years passed by till Nov 2003, when I rode to the hills on my own, on my bike - the Karizma.

The pic you see above is from my latest ride, featured in July issue of Bike India magazine. The route was Delhi-Shimla-Spiti-Manali-Delhi, a route which is worst than the Leh route and more scenic and virgin too!

My other rides (to the Himalayas) include
1)Delhi-Shimla-Fagu-Delhi : Nov 2003
2)Delhi-Shimla-Rohru-Mussoorie-Delhi : July 2004
3)Delhi-Mussoorie-Dhanaulti-Rohru-Delhi : Aug 2004
4)Delhi-Shimla-Chail-Delhi : Sep 2004
5)Delhi-Chail-Narkanda-Rohru-Giri Ganga-Chaupal-Paonta-Delhi : Dec 2004
6)Delhi-Shimla-Rohru-Narkanda-Delhi : June 2005
7)Pune-Ahmedabad-Delhi-Shimla-Rohru-Narkanda-Jalori-Aut-Delhi : Nov 2005
8)Delhi-Shimla-Narkanda-Peo-Kaza-Rohtang-Delhi : June 2006

Soon, I intend to come out with a small book, which will be very useful to first timers as well as experienced people. This book will have routes, secret roads, locations, tips etc and will come handy for riders doing first-time routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment