Monday, September 25, 2006

A lazy sunday ride can do a lot to you!




After my recovery from the fistula problem (read else where in the blog), I was dying to set 
out for a good ride around Pune. I have been using a long term HH Achiever, a nice smooth
150cc bike. So there I was, 24th of September, sunday. 
Started at 20mins past 2pm for Mahabaleshwar and was back by 8pm. A good 250km ride 
up and down. Nothing outta the box but the awesome cool weather and the relatively lack
of people that day (due to navratris?) meant I could enjoy Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani 
and the roads around it to the max. 

You can see more pics at http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthread.php?t=9459

A ride like this can really make you believe in yourself, that yes, you are fit for longer rides 
(the leg 2 of the GIR) in my case. It also helps you discover that the bike you are using is
actually good enough to cruise at 90+ and rip past the 115km/h mark even with the saddle 
bags on! 

Check out http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthread.php?t=9459 for all the pics and details

 

No comments:

Post a Comment