Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My biking nearly ended Part II

PART II : if you are weak at heart, or dont like nasty stuff (like blood and all, dont read on...)

I got up, there was no pain. But instantly I could feel something, something wet, sticky. I was horrified, I almost knew what it was... Immediately I went to the loo and what happened next almost made me pass-out: blood and infection (or pus) had come out at night when i was sleeping thru a passage made by the inner infection, the passage making a draining hole below my tail bone area. The infection was too much and it took me a good amount of time (and cotton) to clean myself and then have a bath. In the meantime, my mom had seen my bed and the wet patch on the bed made her anxious. In the next five mins, I was on my way to the same doc (doc no 2) who said I had a bone infection. I had no pain and was relieved but had thoughts running in my mind. The doc examined me and made a call to one of this team-mates, who too rushed in within minutes. They talked amongst themselves and told me I had "perennial abscess" (Perennial - occuring again and again, Abscess - lump of infection)

The doc gave me a dressing (trust me I screamed with pain) and to make matters worse, there was a nurse helping him out dress me (!!!!!) After the dressing I couldnt even walk (he had cleaned the wound, which meant fiddling with it = pain) or sit in the car to go back home. The next 2-3 days were again bed rest. I had nothing to do except to watch tv, think, read mags, think, talk on phone, think.. But soon I was back to normal, I could walk, sit, ride my bike (the best thing.) I thought it was all over, I was happy, looking forward to more rides and trips. But would it be that way? PART III coming up soon

No comments:

Post a Comment