Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Helmet? Whats that?

Who needs a helmet?


Everyday I commute approximately 47kms, plus around 5kms here and there and everyday I come across tens of bikers, from commuters to the 'bindas' kinds, zipping across traffic, without a care in the world. Hair flying in the air, half open shirts blowing with the wind and what not.


Mumbai is one of the most hostile cities to bike in. Almost everyday I see a close call happening with a two-wheeler rider and even I have close calls every now and then. In my life, I have come across so many live examples of riders seeing the light of another day just coz they were wearing a good helmet... Life doesnt come easy guys, why do want to spoil your life (in case you get a serious injury) and your loved ones lives (in case you are off forever)? When you can invest 40-60000 on a bike, why cant you invest a fraction of that to buy a decent lid?


PS: In the picture above, the helmet less pillion is actually sitting behind a cop!










No comments:

Post a Comment