Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The good Old CBZ...



The Hero Honda CBZ was the bike that gave birth to the biking bug in me. After months of pestering my dad, I finally got a seven month old silver CBZ on 26th Jan 2001.

She taught me biking, how to respect speed and power. Ok, the bike used to max out at around 115km/h and developed less than 13bhp but then still... for someone graduating from a cycle to a 150cc bike, it did mean a lot.

It is a little known fact that I was into stunts, yes, but thats a different story that my new found love for touring meant stunts were overlooked upon for the safety of the bike (and the biker!)


Ok, I was immature and acted like a kid many a times with the bike, but then I was barely 18yrs old and was too madly in love with the bike. But the lack of knowledge at that time made me take a wrong decision. I went in for a drum version CBZ and realised the mistake I made very soon! Anyways, my first wheelies and burnies were on their way soon... burnies with drum brakes mind you! At that time, I met Sunny (founder, xbhp) for the first time and soon we used to meet up for stunt session. Sunny with his cybershot sony cam and me with my bike...






With time I started riding long distance as well. Delhi-Karnal and Delhi-Alwar etc. These may not seem long now, but back then, these lil trips did seem LONG to me! It was also on this CBZ that I rode to Dharuhera, to capture the spy pics of the 'to be' launched HeroHonda Ambition. The pictures came in the months Overdrive magazine.

I sold the CBZ in June 2003, replacing it with the Karizma. I still have lots of pictures of the bike and here are some of them...






No comments:

Post a Comment