Tuesday, October 3, 2006

We start soon: in 150 mins to be exact!!

Its 3:37am, 4th October 2006.
My bags are still not packed, I still havent taken a bath and I m having my 'dinner' right now. Welcome to GIR Leg 2 (The Great Indian Road Trip)!!

The Kinetic Comet still doesnt feel upto the mark, the Kinetic Blaze is dancing all over the road (suspension probs?), the Kinetic Jupiter's rear brakes dont work and the Honda Fireblade is still in the workshop...and we intend to start the Leg 2 in like....150 mins??

I will be (most probably) updating my blog each day with pics and text about the ride. You can get more info about this ride from www.thegreatindianroadtrip.com.

In short, the leg 1 was from 15th Aug to 20th Sep covering Haryana,Punjab,J&k, Himachal and Uttranchal and this leg 2, from 4th Oct onwards will cover the rest of India. We will be four riders (me, sunny, ashish and sunil) with five machines, one back up vehicle, a driver and a technical guy. We do intend to cover around 15k kms in the next 60days..

oh did I mention that the back up vehicle has 200+ cans of Red Bull cans :D :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment