Thursday, November 23, 2006

The 'real' love of my life...

This smile is because of you my baby...

In 1999, I met a sweet girl. I still remember how I used to talk to her, look at her, may be admire. Ok, she was my senior in school but there was something about her which did attract me towards her. I still remember how she used to come and sit next to me and talk to me in the bus on the way back to home from school. I still remember how I used to hurry back home, take out the car and drive as quickly as possible towards her house to catch a glimpse of her. On 31st January 2000, I proposed her, not knowing what the future would hold for us, and then we didn’t talk for months as she had her pre-boards. One fine day a couple of months later, when I was at my home, I got a call and a very sweet voice said ‘Hi Bunny’ on the other side. It was her, and she had surprise me by calling me up. These couple of months, I had sort of forgotten about the propose but she hadn’t. Our talking sessions slowly grew and as time passed by, she got her entrance into MAHE college of dental science in Mangalore, almost 2200kms away. Big deal I thought! But the morning she left, I don’t know what happened me, I followed her half way to the station and when I returned home, I had tears in my eyes. Was I following in love? I was a student, even she was and we both had limited pocket moneys and STD calls were sky high way back in 2000. We used to talk for like 10minutes, thrice a week, and write letters to each other. Looking back, it did seem childish, but too cute!

And now, seven years later, I am really missing her right now. We got engaged on 30th August 2006 and will be getting married very soon. She is Mansi Arora, soon will be Mansi Punia, and majorly responsible for what I am today.

I am missing her company, her smile, her cute remarks, her love and care…

A couple of days back, I was with her, when I went home for two days from Kolkata while on the GIR. And how I wish right now I had her next to me, holding her hands, walking with her, or just lying on the cot, under the stars. Her warmth would have easily made me feel better right now. Her laps would have easily made me sleep, and her hands stroking my hair would have relaxed me to the bone.

Love can the best thing that can happen to a person in this world – and I stand by this line. Thank you my love for everything, I owe you a lot. I owe you for fighting for no reasons, for making you cry, for making you wait for my calls… I owe you my life, you are responsible for everything, including the tear I have in my eye right now, which is because I am missing you, and because I sometimes feel guilty for being bad to such an angel. I know you may not read this for days, but I feel a lil better by letting out my feelings for you once more. See you very soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment