Wednesday, November 22, 2006

15th Nov Hyderabad

We had not been able to give much time to the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secundrabad yesterday and hence it was decided to spend one more day here. I was in no mood to get up early and go sightseeing so instead I choose to cover up on sleep, make sure all my clothes were washed and made sure I caught up on blogging and basically being in touch with everyone including knowing what’s happening around the world.

Sunny did leave early morning and came back before noon, just to be upset as Sunil and I hadn’t made any plans to see the city. Anyways, we had got an invitation from Mr Kaleem, a biker, a social worker and a man who even at an old age, rides his Kinetic Challenger to the Himalayas and back from Hyderabad. While the trio went to meet him, I was back at home, putting my washed clothes to dry up, and basically lazing around on the internet. After a long time I spent some time with a dog, and Figu was quite an intelligent canine and knew what was happening around. By noon, aunty was back from the school (she consults children at the St Andrews School) and we had a chat over the GIR and about general things. I had a plan of meeting up with an old school friend, whom I would be meeting after six years. I also had to do little shopping plus wanted to go back to the necklace road to enjoy the beauty of the place.

I met up with my friend, Angad, at the Hyderabad Central but it was literally a pain to find our way to Big Bazaar. Why Big Bazaar? I had to buy no less than 6 underwears, 6 hankis, 10 socks and some other stuff, and no, not all for me but for the gang too. It was also surprising to see the number of Punjabis in Hyderabad. I made sure I didn’t eat out much as I had promised aunty I would be having home cooked food at night. For more than a month we were having outside food and I was literally craving for some simple ghar ka khana and the food aunty cooked was really tasty. I was the lucky one who could relish it as others came home with their bellies full of crap.

Tomorrow, we would be heading north towards Kolkata, but that would take us days and the next night would be at Rajahmundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment