Monday, February 16, 2009

Suzuki Bandit 1200 Gallery




Suzuki Bandit 1200 Gallery
I picked up my brand new Bandit 1200s in January of 2005. Painted all over black with red and grey trim and lettering the bike looked the business. It just looked fast. It looked as if it was meant to be going...not standing still on the show room floor!
Over the next month I spent considerable time with my new pride and joy, both city and country riding was was enjoyed in abundance and now after clocking up 4,000kms I guess I am finally realising just what a gem I have.
Handling is confidence building and a far better rider than I will be needed before the bike starts to turn a little ugly cornering. I must admit I push my own personal limits a little further each ride but I am no Valentino... I find the suspension is perfect for my 5´10´ 100kg bulk. Bumps and pot holes are treated matter of factly and the bike feels well grounded during all normal manoeuvering and speed.
Wind protection is adequate on the ´05 model and I believe the screen may be a little larger and now boasts a flow thru screen. At speeds of up to 160kms I find it reatively easy to sit in my normal position although at speeds above this i do prefer to be down on the tank which is most accommodating.
I removed the stock can after awhile and replaced it with a leo vince which appears to have breathed some more air into its lungs and certainly sounds wonderful.
Rear brake is a twin piston single disc type which is good to use at the traffic lights...but not much more. The front brakes on the otherhand are excellent with those twin 6 piston discs very effective indeed.
I just love the engine on this bike. It just is perfect. It has no cold starting problems (although I am in Australia and it is summer) but a few seconds of choke and it purrs beautifully. Power just comes on in a seemlessly never ending band. When you think you are reaching maximum torque and horse power you look down and see you are still only at 6,000rpm and things really only begin to get interesting bwn 5 and 8 thousand with a genuine red line of 11,000. Wheelies are available in just about any gear but do not feel nervous. You have to really be intent to produce one whereas normal medium to hard riding keeps the front wheel planted and feeling secure. For those wheely kings out there I know you guys can make these things sing and dance...but for jo average here, I am pleasantly surprised at how stable the machine feels under medium to hard acceleration forces.
I have riden for a 2 hour stint and find my wrists a little fatigued but nothing too bad. My bum and posture feel fine and Suzuki have really worked hard to position the seat, handle bars and foot pegs to cater for their average Bandit purchaser (I think it was a 44 year old who has been riding for 15 years).
This bike is a head turner (especially with an after market can) and whilst it would be found wanting on the track and by more advance sports riders, if you are a weekend rider who doesnt mind taking corners at your own pace, who likes to occasionally visit the higher numbers on the clock and who likes to feel planted thru out your at times fumbling attempts to ride smooth, this bike is going to meet and exceed your every expectation. It will not get light on the front or rear, can hold its own against all but the most skillfully riden sports bikes and will leave a smile on your face each and every time you get off. I love it and looked at so many different bikes before settling on this one. It is the art of motorcycling, you and the Bandit, it just makes perfect sense and once you have taken a test ride, you too will remember my words and I guarantee you will be smiling! Good riding.
Source:http://images.google.co.id/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bikez.com/pictures/suzuki

No comments:

Post a Comment