Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Riding to the worlds highest motorable roads!

Finally!
I have rode all over India - from the deserts of Rajasthan to the beaches of Kerala. But one place that always remained virgin for me has been Leh-Ladakh.

This year, it seems I shall be breaking my virginity for Leh!!

Dates: 23rd-31st August 2008
From: New Delhi (760feet)
To: Khardungla (18640feet)
Bike: My 2003 Hero Honda Karzima

You may read my posts on the All India Road Trip, starting HERE

You may also read about my bike HERE

The plan as of now is to ride from the capital of India (my hometown) to the Himalayas. I might take the Sach Pass route via Dalhousie, or the Rohtang Pass route via Manali.
Then, riding through one of the toughest roads will take me to the capital of Ladakh, Leh. From Leh, an hours ride will get me to Khardung La, which at 18,640 feet is the worlds highest motorable pass. Phew!!

Planning is still going on - I wish to ride to Pangong Tso, Nubra valley, and if possible ride back via Spiti (which I did couple of years back...)

Shall keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment